Online Artist Alley Application
Online Artist Alley Application
A table in the Artist Alley costs $275, which includes one (1) badge. Up to two (2) additional badges may be purchased for $30 each. There is a $30 Early-Bird Discount if purchased before January 31, 2018. The table is approximately 6'x2'x2.5'. You will be provided one (1) chair per person. The Exhibit Hall is NOT carpeted. Free Wi-Fi will not be available.
All banners/displays must be free standing, single-sided and only a few inches deep. Please make sure that the tops of all banners/displays are no more than 8ft tall (from the floor) and no more than 5.5ft wide. Displays on tables need to be inward facing and no taller than 4ft; no artwork should face out towards another creator’s table. Displays cannot obstruct the visibility of other tables. Any structure brought to display artwork must be of sound construction and may not be adhered to walls or extend more than 8 feet from the floor.
The sale of stolen artwork is strictly prohibited. All artwork displayed needs to be the work of a creator who is present at the table; do not display the work of an artist who is not at the show. All displayed artwork must be kept to a PG-13 Rating. Any explicit content must be unavailable to underage eyes and be clearly labeled as such.
If you are unsure if your artwork qualifies under our restrictions, please indicate so in the application form.
The primary applicant (Artist) is legally responsible for the table. The Artist name is the publicly listed name for each Artist’s table. This will be listed by in the con guide, website and Artist Alley map. If several members of the same studio are applying, they should differentiate somehow.
Responses to applications may take up to four (4) weeks. Submitting an application does not guarantee approval. You will be refunded if your application cannot be accepted. Animanga reserves the right to approve or reject applications at its discretion. You will be notified about further registration requirements should we wish to proceed. By applying, you agree to adhere to all convention rules and all local state and federal laws.
when is load in and load out?
August 1st and 2nd are for move-in, August 6th is move out. Tentative hours. All materials must be removed by 5 PM Monday, August 6, 2018. Anything left behind will be thrown out or become the property of Animanga USA. Animanga USA reserves the right to change the hours of operation.
DO I Need to show identification?
All artists must show a government-issued, photo ID to exhibit at Artist Alley. If an artist is not able to produce a valid ID at check in, their table(s) will be held until 10:00 AM on Saturday, at which point the table(s) will be considered unclaimed and open for sale on a first-come, first-served basis. Accepted forms of ID include but are not limited to:
- A state driver's license
- State-issued identification card
- A passport
- Military ID
Other forms of Photo ID may be accepted at the discretion of the Department Head of Artist Alley. The name on the ID must match the name given during table registration, and the person must be at least 18 years old.
can i loan my space/table?
An artist may not sell or rent their space to another artist or vendor within the Shopping District. If an artist or vendor is found subletting, both the artist who registered the space and the person occupying the space will be evicted from the space immediately with no refund. All table signage should match the information that you registered with, or it will be regarded as a table transfer. If you need to opt out of your table, please notify the staff to make the table available to the wait-list. Also, please note that table costs are nonrefundable.
what happens to Unsold or abandoned Tables?
Unsold tables are tables which have been made available before convention. Unsold tables will be offered for sale one (1) hour after Artist Alley opens on Friday and are sold on a first-come, first-served basis. If an artist fails to check in for their table by 11:00 PM Friday and does not contact staff in advance, their table will be considered abandoned. The table will then be offered for sale on a first-come, first-served basis. Lost tables cannot be reclaimed, and neither credit nor refund will be given for abandoned tables. Unsold and abandoned tables will only be sold at the full rate.
can i get a Refund if i can't come?
Tables are not refundable.
What is prohibited from sale?
- Any work with copyrighted materials and/or trademarked logos(official art), regardless of whether or not the work is original.
- Bootleg products
- Copyright-violating traced, photoshopped, or transferred art. This includes but is not limited to work from "redraw" projects, and pixel artwork, such as pearler or other forms of sprites, which directly copy a licensed work.
- 2nd or 3rd party art/sales.
- Products that can be bought at a store either in Japan or the US that you did not create.
- Food, snacks or beverages.
- Legally imported merchandise or legitimate US products. This includes, but is not limited to: wall scrolls, sharpies, art supplies, duct tape, glow sticks etc.
- Props that are a replication of a copyrighted and/or licensed nature.
- When displaying fan art, artists must respect the source's trademarks. This includes but is not limited to avoiding things such as use of logos in their display, signage referring to the artwork by its series or signage referring to the a character's name. The artist bears all responsibility and risk for the items brought for sale. Any questions regarding this policy will be resolved with staff, in consultation with Animanga's lawyer when needed. If a piece of art appears to be very similar to a licensed, copyrighted, etc. piece of art, the artist may be asked to remove it from display and sale.
can i take Commissions?
Commissions are allowed, but all related dealings are between the artist and commissioner. Animanga is not a party in these dealings. As such, staff cannot assist you in locating either the commissioner or the artist you commissioned. Please make sure you get contact information for one another as part of your dealings.
can i hold Giveaways?
Giveaways of any type are not allowed. This includes but is not limited to raffles of any kind.
can i play music?
Overly loud music, videos, etc. will not be tolerated. If the amount of sound coming from a table is found to be disruptive as determined by the staff, the artist will be asked to lower the volume. Further noise violations can result in the artist being removed from the Shopping District.