(PAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTION)
Get on stage and strut your stuff as fellow attendees judge your costume! To win, you must gain favor of expo attendees and convince them that you are the ultimate cosplayer. The winner will receive free admission to next year's convention and the cumulative amount from entries, meaning there's no set amount.
All online applications must be submitted at least one month before the day the expo starts. Otherwise, you must pay at the door. If you are unable to make it, please notify us at least 24-hours before Day 1. The fee to enter is $5.
Rules & Guidelines
- All contest participants must be a registered attendee of the Animanga Expo. Staff members may not participate.
- No nudity. No costume is no costume.
- No profanity allowed. That includes messages on signs or clothes. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area.
- No political or religious statements. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition.
- No projectiles, flashpots, explosive devices, or similar special effects are to be used. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area.
- Costumes must be self-contained.
- All prop weapons must conform to the Animanga Expo Weapons Policy, which is as follows: All weapons must be non-working and peace bonded. No functioning projectile weapons – including water pistols, silly-string guns, and ping-pong pistols. Bladed weapons must be cased or sheathed at all times. No clowning around or showing off in the common areas. Any weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area. We expect you to use good judgment; with your help, we can continue to allow peace-bonded weapons.
- For safety reasons, the following are not allowed:
- Live animals
- Substances which might damage or soil
- Aerosol sprays
- Projectiles of any kind.
- No pyrotechnics will be allowed including but not limited to: fire, flash powder, explosives, smoke bombs or fireworks.
- Entries that could potentially damage the facilities, other participants or the wearer will not be allowed.
- Illegal weapons of any kind are not allowed.
- Prop weapons used as part of the costume are allowed with restrictions. You are expected to act responsibly with your weapon. If you decide to carry a weapon, by attending you accept any legal and financial responsibility for damage your weapon may cause to persons or property.
- Entries with electric power requirements need to be self-contained. There will be no access to electrical outlets on stage.
- Each contestant may only enter one costume into competition.
- Large elaborate costumes must be handled by the contestant and/or assistants the contestant brings to help. No assistants will be provided.
Cosplay Contest Coordinators have the right to eliminate any entry from the competition on the basis of taste, danger to the audience, building or yourself, violation of any of the above rules, or any other reason deemed sufficient.